Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The little things

I was changing Ryder's diaper today (imagine that) and took note that he was staring at and touching the side of the couch, he was completely infatuated with it, and it was amazing. Ryder really enjoys staring at and studying all the things that you put in front of him. Neither Kib nor I remember Zane doing that. It's so much fun to see all the similarities and differences in our boys. For me, the second child has been a huge treat because I now realize how fast the time really goes so I have been trying harder to enjoy each step of the journey a little bit more. I don't want Ryder to rush into all the milestones, I just want to enjoy each little detail of how he grows.
Zane is about to turn 2 next month, and I am having a hard time with this realization. My baby, my first born, is 2. He speaks in full sentences, sasses me, helps put dishes away, and goes kayaking with Daddy. Have I mentioned that he is in preschool? Unbelievable. Zane is just growing up a little too quickly right now and it makes me sad. I love this age, and I want him to stay this way forever.

No comments: