Sunday, November 2, 2008

Kib's Surprise Weekend





It's sad, but true, Kib will officially be 30 in 3.5 hours. Every year I try to "one up" myself and this year, I did. For the past six months I have secretly been planning a fun weekend for Kib and his friends to celebrate his 30th birthday. It all started Friday afternoon when our friends Kelly and Kevin came in from WA. They spent Halloween with us and then I sent Kib off to the airport to pick up Ziff and Nicole (kib's brother and sis-in-law). Saturday morning everyone headed to the river to go kayaking. I spent the morning with Nicole getting ready for his surprise party that afternoon. With the help of my dear friends (Cheryl, Virginia, Kelly, and Jen) we were able to pull off an awesome surprise party. When Kib walked through the back door at Cheryl's he was greeted with Silly string, he was such a good sport. We went with a Mexican theme which included a pinata, virgin margaritas, and quesidillas for lunch. We really had a wonderful time and ended up hanging out until about 9:00 that night. (don't laugh, that's a late night for us). My thanks to all of our friends for coming out and supporting Kib on his big day. We love you, and as very grateful for your role in our family's life.

2 comments:

Andrea, Matt, Chloe, and James said...

Love the silly string. Happy 30th Birthday Kib!!

The Payne family said...

It was a great party! Thanks for having us. Good times all around and always good to see you guys! We're still offended that we didn't get a chance at the pinata... lol!