Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Thanksgiving!

Today waqs Ryder's first Thanksgiving. That being said, I all but forgot to make a big deal out of it and take a bunch of pictures. I took a few, but nothing like for Zane. Sorry kiddo, you're number 2.
We started off our morning with a Turkey Trot around our neighborhood. It was the first annual Maricopa Turkey Trot and an amazing 75 people participated. I couldn't be more impressed with how well my friend Jen pulled it off. The best part is that it was a canned food drive for our local food bank. Way to go Jen!!!

We spent the rest of the day with our friends, the Mix's. Kib said it was the best holiday we had ever had, and I tend to agree. We were were welcomed with open arms by the Mix's and their extended family. It was so nice to be in a place where Zane and Ryder could run wild and no one minded. Fun was definitely the word of the day. We played games. Lots, and lots of games. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! This family clicks in every way that I hope ours will as our kids grow older. They are a family worth mirroring our own life after. I am truly grateful for the friendship that we have fostered with the Mix's and look forward to many more wonderful times together.

So what am I thankful for this year?

1. My kids, duh.
2. Kib, for giving me, and helping me raise, our kids.
3. My family, cuz their great.
4. My friends, all of them mean more to me than I can ever tell them
5. Our comfortable life.
6. Our great country.
7. And so many other things, the list just goes on.

Hope you all had as wonderful of a day as we did. We love you!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: